FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH, GUELPH is a historic church in downtown Guelph that wants to live out the message of Christ today. We have a long history in this community as a place of worship and service and as a community meeting place. We want to be a space where people’s experiences and questions are honoured and where we can work alongside each other to make our world a better place.
Overall Goal of this position
To be responsible for the recording and maintaining of the Church’s financial transactions.
- The Bookkeeper must have a good working knowledge of accounting software. The Church will keep the software updated and will fund any courses necessary for updating knowledge of the software.
- Issue cheques in payment of bills and ensure that the charges are entered under the correct budget line in QuickBooks.
- Receive the bank statement and cancelled cheques and work through the reconciliation in QuickBooks.
- Prepare and print all necessary financial statements if requested by the Treasurer, who reviews the documents, copies and distributes them.
- Prepare payroll direct deposits and keep track of all associated information.
- Ensure that relevant employer expenses (CPP, EI, Pension etc.) are remitted to the appropriate entity.
- Prepare T4s for all employees in a timely manner each year.
- Prepare the Charities Return each year ensuring that all forms and submissions are complete.
- Keep records for Trust accounts and all other accounts.
- Assist the Treasurer as requested in preparing the Annual Budget, and enter the approved budget into QuickBooks.
- Using the recording sheets provided by Tellers, enter the contributions from envelopes and PAR (pre authorized remittance) in QuickBooks each week, reconciling the amount to the bank deposit.
- Prepare and submit GST-HST return in June and December of each year.
- Prepare Solar Panel revenue disbursements once a year, based on reports supplied by the Turkstra Mazza Associates, lawyers.
Part-Time – starting at $23/hour
The Bookkeeper is expected to work about 5-8 hours per week plus additional time during year-end and other busy times.
A criminal record check will be required of the successful applicant.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.